Defend Truth

MADAM & EVE

Bodyguard Envy

Bodyguard Envy
Gallery

Comments - Please in order to comment.

• Mark Egerton says:

Enough is Enough

• Thinker and Doer says:

Indeed, this nonsense in the Johannesburg Council is driving me crazy!

• D'Esprit Dan says:

When you splurge millions on bodyguards and cars to deflect from the fact that you can’t keep the lights on, water flowing (other than from burst pipes), roads in one piece, public spaces clean or citizens safe, you know you’ve reached the bottom of the barrel in terms of ability and accountability. These scumbags will carry on digging though, the bottom of the barrel is a mere speed-up on their descent into the depths of depravity.

• Gerrie Pretorius says:

Now might be a good time for rates boikot?

• Kenneth FAKUDE says:

Gerrie rates? The real time I get pissed about this corruption is when I look at my income tax, perhaps we need a tax revolt, can it happen? Answer: This is the only time I hate civilized people because It should have happened yesterday already.

• Kenneth FAKUDE says:

• Donovan Maishman says:

Awesome cartoon. Disgusting behavior from these so called leaders, no morals, no ideas, nothing but inflated egos

Please peer review 3 community comments before your comment can be posted

We would like our readers to start paying for Daily Maverick...

…but we are not going to force you to. Over 10 million users come to us each month for the news. We have not put it behind a paywall because the truth should not be a luxury.

Instead we ask our readers who can afford to contribute, even a small amount each month, to do so.

If you appreciate it and want to see us keep going then please consider contributing whatever you can.

Support Daily Maverick→
Payment options

MavericKids vol 3

How can a child learn to read if they don't have a book?

As the school year starts again, thousands of children will not have the basics (like books) to learn from.

81% of children aged 10 cannot read for meaning in South Africa.

For every copy of MavericKids sold from the Daily Maverick shop, we will donate a copy to Gift of the Givers for learners in need. If you don't have a child in your life, you can donate both copies.

Small effort, big impact.