Defend Truth

MADAM & EVE

Bodyguard Envy

Bodyguard Envy
Gallery

Comments - Please in order to comment.

• Mark Egerton says:

Enough is Enough

• Thinker and Doer says:

Indeed, this nonsense in the Johannesburg Council is driving me crazy!

• D'Esprit Dan says:

When you splurge millions on bodyguards and cars to deflect from the fact that you can’t keep the lights on, water flowing (other than from burst pipes), roads in one piece, public spaces clean or citizens safe, you know you’ve reached the bottom of the barrel in terms of ability and accountability. These scumbags will carry on digging though, the bottom of the barrel is a mere speed-up on their descent into the depths of depravity.

• Gerrie Pretorius says:

Now might be a good time for rates boikot?

• Kenneth FAKUDE says:

Gerrie rates? The real time I get pissed about this corruption is when I look at my income tax, perhaps we need a tax revolt, can it happen? Answer: This is the only time I hate civilized people because It should have happened yesterday already.

• Kenneth FAKUDE says:

• Donovan Maishman says:

Awesome cartoon. Disgusting behavior from these so called leaders, no morals, no ideas, nothing but inflated egos

Please peer review 3 community comments before your comment can be posted

A South African Hero: You

There’s a 99.7% chance that this isn’t for you. Only 0.3% of our readers have responded to this call for action.

Those 0.3% of our readers are our hidden heroes, who are fuelling our work and impacting the lives of every South African in doing so. They’re the people who contribute to keep Daily Maverick free for all, including you.

The equation is quite simple: the more members we have, the more reporting and investigations we can do, and the greater the impact on the country.

Be part of that 0.3%. Be a Maverick. Be a Maverick Insider.

Support Daily Maverick→
Payment options

MavericKids vol 3

How can a child learn to read if they don't have a book?

81% of South African children aged 10 can't read for meaning. You can help by pre-ordering a copy of MavericKids.

For every copy sold we will donate a copy to Gift of The Givers for children in need of reading support.