With the 2021 municipal elections fast approaching this Monday, 1 November, Uber encourages all eligible South Africans to exercise their constitutional responsibility to cast their vote. To make travelling easier for voters, Uber in partnership with the Independent Electoral Commission of South Africa (IEC), will be offering R35 off on two rides to and from voting stations across South Africa.
“Eligible voters have the right to vote and we wanted to ensure that voters have ease of travel to make their mark. Local Government Elections are a crucial part of communities and the lives of citizens. Election Day is an important day in the country and using our technology and resources, we can help make it easier for every rider using the Uber App in South Africa to get to their voting station at the push of a button,” says Busisiwe Khaba – Head of Public Policy: Sub-Saharan Africa at Uber.
How to claim this offer:
- Open your Uber app.
- From the app menu, select “Wallet.”
- Scroll down to “Promotions”.
- Tap “Add promo code”.
- Enter the code VOTESA21 and tap “Add”.
- Request a ride as usual and make your mark this Election Day!
- Don’t forget – Every time you take a trip, you will be asked to confirm that you’ve taken the appropriate safety steps, including wearing a face mask and washing or sanitising your hands. Drivers are also required to comply with safety standards.
Trips must start or end at selected voting centres, which you can find here. DM