The forthcoming Climate 360 conference is your opportunity to become part of a powerful movement in South Africa to stop climate change.
Climate 360 is a high-profile, virtual conference taking place on 18 and 19 November 2021. Hosted by France, Germany, Sweden, Poland and Team Europe representatives, it aims to showcase pioneers in the climate change space, their solutions and innovations; celebrate progress and future-focused thinking; provide a platform for thought leadership and new, emerging climate change voices; and run a competition to identify, highlight and award South African champions in the climate change space.
Climate 360 boasts a roster of internationally acclaimed, authoritative voices around climate, the environment and leadership. They include:
- Vusi Thembekwayo, an acclaimed business leader and global speaker. He is the CEO of a boutique investment and advisory firm. Vusi has been featured in the likes of Entrepreneur magazine, Forbes, and Inc500.
- Emiley Vollmer, an entrepreneur and a banker by profession, who has an amazing life story to share. She will speak about her passion: the circular economy and job creation.
- Akhona Xotyeni, a passionate climate, youth and human rights activist. Akhona is currently primarily a youth climate consultant, public speaker and writer on climate-related topics and policies.
- And people like you, A central focus of Climate 360 is a competition in which you can one of five awesome trips worth R65 000 each to Brussels and Paris, just for showcasing your or your organisation’s climate innovation! Every finalist will be asked to present at the conference.
Enter your innovation – and win
The Climate 360 conference is an opportunity to showcase your work to decision-makers in the climate action arena – and it’s easy to enter.
Simply complete the entry form on the Climate 360 website, submitting the required information and including a short motivation explaining why your solution or innovation can make a real difference in one of these categories:
- A just transition: to leave no one behind in the transition to a low-carbon climate-resilient future.
- Biodiversity: to increase action for nature, climate and people.
- Sustainable energy: to realise a clean, reliable, affordable, equitable and sustainable energy future.
- Pathways to a circular economy: to seize opportunities for growth, jobs, and the environment.
- Climate change adaptation: to reduce climate-related risks, increase climate protection and build our resilience.
The following criteria, weighted equally, will be used for evaluating your initial submission:
- Climate impact: How has your project made an impact in addressing climate change and what is the potential impact it could make in the future?
- Innovation and creativity: How is your project innovative, and how have you brought new ideas and processes to fruition?
- Sustainability and results: How is your solution sustainable and what results have you achieved, in relation to climate, people and business?
If you’re shortlisted in your category, you will be invited to showcase your climate solutions and innovations in short presentations to our high-level judges as part of the two-day online Climate 360 conference. You will also be judged on the quality of your presentation during the virtual conference.
Winners in each category will be announced at the conference. All finalists and winners will also be profiled in a special Climate 360 conference report, to be produced after the event.
If you’re a winner, you (or a nominated representative from your organisation) will visit Brussels and Paris, enjoy a tour of the European Union headquarters and surroundings, meet with decision-makers and learn more about climate change projects in Europe.
This is an opportunity to learn, make new connections, showcase your innovative project and, of course, experience beautiful Belgium.
The prize includes:
- Air tickets, accommodation, meals, transportation, visa costs.
- A visit to the EU headquarters to meet the Strategic Partnerships for the Implementation of the Paris Agreement team.
- Visits to climate action projects, to learn from case studies in Belgium.
Entries for the competition close on Friday 12 November 2021 at 11:59pm. No late entries will be accepted. Finalists will be announced on Tuesday 16 November 2021. If you’re a finalist, you will be required to attend and present at the conference on 18 and 19 November 2021 to be eligible for the prize.
The winners will be announced on the final day of the conference, on Friday 19 November 2021.
Register for Climate 360 today
Even if you don’t have a climate action project to submit, Climate 360 is for you. It is a forum where you will gain valuable insights from expert voices into how you, too, can make a meaningful contribution to the climate action movement – and take this vital message forward to your organisation and your communities.
To find out more about the Climate 360 conference and to register, please visit the Climate 360 website.
We’ll see you there! DM/OBP