With South Africans looking for an excuse to venture out the house after months of lockdown, they can now look forward to booking a blissful and safe escape taking advantage of the value-for-money accommodation offered by The President. Parents can enjoy some much-needed downtime whilst the kids play in the hotel’s play area with dedicated child minders.
Whether date night is overdue or families are looking to plan the ultimate summer holiday, The President Hotel and its world class facilities, such as an infinity pool, fitness centre, salon, spa, restaurant, deli, terrace and deck bar, is the perfect destination catering for all their guests’ needs. Guests can also make use of the innovative Electric Life Ride scooter service available exclusively at The President.
Characterised by its bright and light, approachable luxury with local flair design – complete with panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean and Lion’s Head – The President has lead the way with local hospitality best practice, by implementing comprehensive health and safety measures from the beginning of the pandemic.
“We are open and ready to welcome guests; we have been working fervently to ensure guests are SAFE when they come to the hotel. All protocols are in place and our team is ready. Our team have also been innovative in developing new revenue streams including long term rentals, office space rentals, food deliveries, long term storage and outsourced cleaning company,” says Jeremy Clayton, Executive Director at The President Hotel and Chair of Fedhasa Cape.
With the well-being of staff and guests remaining a top priority, The President emerges from this crisis with a new perspective on what hospitality means. The SAFE Programme incorporates global best practice and stringent protocols to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, through enhanced technology limiting staff and guest physical interaction as much as possible.
The below measures have been put in place under SAFE to mention but a few:
- Complimentary Health Kits: guests are provided with complimentary hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes in each room / apartment.
- Non-Invasive Temperature Screenings: upon arrival at the hotel, all staff and guests are screened by non-invasive temperature checks.
- Keyless Entry: guests are able to use their mobile devices with the hotel’s Bluetooth door locks to enter their room / apartment.
- Contactless Check-in and Out: the hotel’s check-in process has been streamlined to utilise digital platforms and limit interaction.
- PPE: all hotel staff wear the relevant Personal Protective Equipment.
- Social Distancing: spaces throughout the hotel have been redesigned to respect social distancing requirements. Occupancy levels are closely monitored and where possible, rooms are allocated according to social distancing norms and are left for a 48 hour waiting period after vacated.
- Isolation and Quarantine Procedures: already implemented prior to lockdown, the procedure includes intensive third-party disinfection and quarantine of a room occupied by guest(s) who become ill. Guests will be required to complete an online pre-arrival medical and travel declaration and all guest details will be recorded.
- Contactless Payment Options: a variety of contactless payment methods are available including Masterpass, Tap & Pay Credit Card Machines, SnapScan and iVeri Secure Payment Gateway.
- Advanced Cleaning Technology: hospital-grade cleaning products, Surface Defence Standard Treatment containing a 90-Day Active Surface (SDST), electrostatic sprayers and HEPA-grade air purifiers are used to maintain the highest standards of cleaning and disinfection.
- Food and Beverage: food and beverage offerings are pre-wrapped, grab-and-go options that are prepared under strict hygiene conditions. Sustainable single-use packaging is used where possible.
- Health and Safety Manager: on-site Health and Safety Manager is available 24 hours a day. Health inspection certification is conducted by external suppliers.
For more details on SAFE, read here.
Advancing its commitment to providing safe tourism and dining experiences and the role it plays in mitigating the spread of COVID-19, the hotel has obtained its compliance certificate from The Tourism Business Council of South Africa. With this, The President Hotel pledges to uphold and adhere to the Tourism and Hospitality Industry Standard Protocols for COVID-19 Operations, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
South African musician and friend of The President, Matthew Mole, shared his excitement; “Although I live in Johannesburg, Cape Town is where I’m from – it’s my home. The President Hotel has gone above and beyond all expectations and has made my trips back home feel like complete luxury. They are the ultimate hosts – always so warm and welcoming, whether I’m there playing shows or staying over with my wife for the weekend. Thanks for having us as part of the family!”
As a reminder of the beauty of Cape Town, the hotel launched their experience video, which showcases the iconic hotel and its perfect location to access, explore, discover and experience all that Cape Town has to offer.
“There is a huge opportunity for South Africans to travel in and experience South Africa. We live in one of the most beautiful, diverse and culture rich destinations globally and want to encourage Capetonians and visitors from across the country to come and experience Cape Town at The President,” concludes Clayton.
In celebration of leisure travel opening up and among many great value offers, The President have launched a StayCation Special Offer. Aimed at providing guests with exceptional experiences at affordable prices, for only R570 per person sharing including breakfast, free Wi-Fi, free parking and a room upgrade subject to availability.
To stay up to date, follow them on their social media channels via Twitter, @ThePresidentCT | Instagram, @thepresidentct | Facebook, facebook.com/PresidentHotelCapeTown
The President is a member of Preferred Hotel & Resorts and is their largest hotel in Africa. Preferred Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest independent hotel brand representing more than 750 distinctive hotels, resorts, and residences across 85 countries.
Only R850 per night per room! Available for purchase now until 30 September 2020 and valid for travel until 20 December 2020.
T’s & C’s Apply:
- Includes accommodation in a standard room, with a complimentary upgrade subject to availability.
- Upgrade to a 1 bedroom apartment for only R340 per night.
- Includes 15% VAT and 1% Tourism Levy.
- Excludes breakfast.
- Purchase anytime from now until 30 September 2020.
- Valid from date of issue until 20 December 2020.
- This offer is subject to availability. Blackout dates may apply.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
- Print or email your voucher instantaneously.
- For new voucher purchases only.
- The Summer Saver: 30% OFF
- The Weekend Escape: Stay 3 nights and pay for 2 – enjoy a free night!
- Staycation Special Offer: Only R570 per person sharing including Breakfast, Free WiFi, Free Parking and a Room Upgrade*
- Date Night Special Offer: Only R1680 per room per night including Breakfast, Romantic Dinner and a VIP Upgrade*
- Business Travel Special Offer: Only R995 per room including Breakfast, Free WiFi, Free Parking and a VIP Upgrade* No prepayment required and free cancellation!
*Terms & Conditions Apply