Daily Maverick’s Cape Town team is in search of new journalism talent. Could that be you?
– To identify, initiate, investigate, research and produce quality, agenda-setting journalism for Daily Maverick’s online platform and its weekly newspaper, DM168.
Roles and Responsibilities
– Produce accurate hard-news stories, including breaking news;
– Investigate and research original content and ideas for news stories, features and analysis;
– Generate and maintain a strong network of contacts covering various areas including the Western Cape and local politics, justice, arts, culture and religion, youth and labour;
– Deliver writing of a high standard that is engaging and clear;
– Deliver investigative, exclusive, in-depth stories;
– Initiate diary ideas for the week.
– At least three years’ journalism experience;
– Journalism/tertiary qualification preferable but could be offset by experience;
– Driver’s licence;
– Exceptional news sense and editorial judgement;
– Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail;
– Insightful understanding of sociopolitical dynamics in the Western Cape an advantage;
– Photographic/visual/multimedia skills an advantage;
– Impeccable general knowledge;
– Be willing to travel within the province and the country;
– Be willing to work some weekends and after hours when required;
– Be able to work virtually.
– Flexible and remote working: we are a remote-friendly organisation;
– Generous annual leave;
– Exposure to the top talent in the industry and upskilling opportunities.
Please send a short motivation letter and CV to [email protected]
Closing date: 16 August 2022.