Daily Maverick is looking to hire a Photographic Editor to take overall responsibility for the photographic aspects of the organisation’s editorial offerings, across a range of publishing platforms.
Salary Range: Dependent on experience (min 3yrs exp)
Employment equity preferred: Yes
Location: Preferably Johannesburg
Work from home and/or our Johannesburg office
Est. Hours: 11am-8pm
Days: Monday to Friday
The successful candidate will work closely with editors to conceive of visuals to accompany and enhance stories to be published on Daily Maverick platforms. Develop and manage a freelance team of photographers to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Source pictures for all online section heads and the newspaper from wire services and stock pictures we subscribe to.
- Help section editors visualise stories
- Identify and source photo essays that add to the content mix of Daily Maverick products
- Manage, renew and update photographic wire services to serve Daily Maverick’s publishing platforms
- Assign freelance photographers within budget to photograph stories as decided by the diary meeting, and section editors
- Assist in selecting and editing photos for publications platform
- Able to work with layout designers to achieve high-impact visual language
- At least three years experience in a similar role
- Previous print and online experience preferable
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop suite
Send your application with short motivation via email, with “Photographic Editor Application” in the subject header by 27 July 2020.